Best Hotels for Snorkeling in Maui
Are you thinking about seeing tropical fish and enormous whales in Maui, but you don’t yet have a lodging solution? With all the beauty and glamour of the Hawaiian Islands, you’ll certainly want to find a hotel or resort that optimizes your stay from service to comfort to the best value. Check out the rest of this article to discover the best hotels for snorkeling in Maui!
Finding Lodging for Your Snorkeling Vacation
The tropical islands of Hawaii are a tourist destination year-round. You can always find warm weather and crystal-clear water, which make for a perfect getaway any time of the year. Maui, in particular, is quite popular thanks to amazing snorkeling spots and miles of beautiful beaches. As you can imagine, Maui is host to world-class hotels and resorts from some of the top resort companies on the planet.
With so many lodging options to choose from, it can certainly feel overwhelming! Pricing for a hotel can quickly get expensive, so it is important to understand where your priorities lie. When considering hotel options, the three most important factors are price, access to snorkeling, and overall satisfaction with your stay. Often times, prioritizing one of these will naturally eliminate other options, so we’ve separated it into three different categories below:
Many people are conscious of pricing regardless of their income or budget. When you’re spending your hard earned money, you want to be sure you’re getting worthwhile value in return. Hotels at an in-demand location can get expensive; you can easily rack up a few thousand dollars in lodging alone. This is why many vacationers save up for months or even years before coming. But it doesn’t have to cost you an arm-and-a-leg.
Here are a few great price-conscious options in Maui:
- Maui What a Wonderful World Bed and Breakfast – This fantastic B&B averages out to around $170 for just one night and is easily one of the cheapest options on the entire island! Keawakapu Beach is just a mile away, and the B&B has an astounding 4.9 star rating!
- Nona Lani Cottages – Nona Lani Cottages is another great option at around $183 for a single night. If you don’t mind an older residence, Maalaea Bay is literally across the street. With a 4.5 star rating, you’re getting solid top-notch value here. Also, fun note, Nona Lani was featured in the upcoming film Aloha Surf Hotel.
- Aston at the Maui Banyan – This resort is a little pricier at $239 for one night. The ocean is right across the street, but the Aston does have a 4.1 star rating due to outdated furnishings. But the location is hard to beat: the stunning Kamaole Beach is right out your door.
Best Access to Snorkeling
Price is certainly important, but you also want to make sure you have convenient access to snorkeling. Many recommend that you rent a car on most of the islands, but you can bypass this if you only want to snorkel and plan well! There are more than 30 miles of beaches on Maui, so you can basically find good snorkeling close to any hotel by the coast.
Here are some of the top choices if you want snorkeling nearby:
- Makena Surf Resort – When it comes to location, you just can’t beat Makena Surf Resort. It is right across the street from Secret Cove Beach, but Maluaka Beach is a mile away and Makena Beach is just two miles away! The resort does average over $620 on average for a single night, but there’s plenty to love with a 4.7 star rating!
- Wailea Beach Resort by Marriott – Wailea Beach Resort is also fairly convenient, located just a half-mile away from Wailea Beach. For this you’ll pay $709 for one night and the resort has a 4.6 star rating!
- Grand Wailea Maui, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – The Grand Wailea Maui is also just a half-mile from Wailea Beach. It’s fairly comparable to Wailea Beach Resort as it also has a 4.6 star rating and comes with a $666 rate for a single night.
Most Enjoyable Stay
Price and convenience are absolutely things to consider, but some tourists just care about how enjoyable their stay is! From the amenities offered to the overall level of luxury, the experience you have in a resort can really brighten your vacation. Unfortunately, luxury and high-quality service come at a cost, but it is well worth it if you want a perfect vacation!
- Wailea Beach Villas – Wailea Beach Villas is simply one of the best choices in all of Maui! With a 4.9 star rating, the resort is the definition of luxury. Lodging is available as villas with multiple rooms and several modern furnishings. The resort is actually just a mile away from Wailea Beach, meaning you can easily walk or drive for great snorkeling! The one downside is the cost, which will average out to nearly $1,000 for a one night stay.
- Hotel Wailea, Relais & Châteaux – If you want something a little more affordable, Hotel Wailea, Relais & Châteaux is your best bet. With 4.8 stars, the hotel has gorgeous suites with amazing views. The hotel is a little over a mile away from Wailea Beach, but staying here grants you access to an exclusive portion of Wailea Beach. At $729 a night, this is a perfect balance of luxury and price!
- Ho’olei at Grand Wailea – Now if you don’t have a budget, there’s nothing better than Ho’olei at Grand Wailea. Ho’olei also has a 4.9 star rating, thanks to golf course access, beautiful multi-bedroom villas with views, and amazing service. The hotel is just 10 minutes away from Wailea Beach, meaning you won’t sacrifice on convenience here. Prepare to spend big, because Ho’olei costs $2,000 for just a single night!
Schedule a Snorkeling Tour for Your Trip!
When it comes to picking one of the best hotels for snorkeling in Maui, there’s a lot of good choices available. To pick the finest hotel, you’ll have to narrow things down by deciding whether pricing, access to snorkeling, or overall experience matters more to you. Doing this will let you pick a hotel that satisfies your interests, which will make you enjoy your stay much more!
Have you thought about what you’re going to do for snorkeling once you get to Maui? Finding a hotel is plenty of work, why spend even more time trying to find a good snorkeling spot? Going on a guided luxury snorkeling tour with Kai Kanani will allow you to visit all the islands best spots and see all the wonderful aquatic life Hawaii has to offer! Guarantee yourself a vacation to remember by booking a tour today!